Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Things Triplets Say............

The latest and greatest is that my triplets are now calling me Mrs Mott.  Our neighbor came over the other day and she called me Mrs. Mott.  The trips looked up at me and said, "Mrs. Mott"?  I find it hilarious when I hear them calling out for me, "Mrs. Mott, Mrs. Mott".  They hear me call their dad, David so I will also hear, David, David, David.  No matter how many times you go thru this age you never seem to remember all of the funnies that they come up with. 

Finn constantly talks about his penis.  He asks me everyday if I have one and that he has a big one.  It becomes a bit embarrassing when people come over and they are questioned as to if they have one.  Declan thought he lost his today.  He was wearing his underwear and came up to Marcia insisting that it was gone. 

We are potty training so there is alot of naked baby around here.  I am thrilled to say that potty training has been very very easy and pleasant.  I was dreading it but it seems to be going well.  A mini candy bar for a poop is the way to go.  The straining that goes on....just to get a candy bar is really quite amazing.  Declan is still a bit gun shy with the poops but he loves chocolate so it is coming along.

This winter has really been a bust for making snowmen, ice skating and spending the weekends outside.  I am thankful that we kept the bikes in the garage for the winter so we can ride bikes in our snow suits.  Sledding is never an issue for small children even if there is a tiny layer of snow covering the grass.  My grass will be torn up by spring but it is all about an activity.  Speaking of activities...we started swim lessons 3 weeks ago and the trips love it.  We go at 11:30 and there is open swim from noon to 1.  I jump in with them after their class is over and we are able to play for another hour.  They are jumping into the water, kicking and splashing and often needing me to pull them back to the surface.  There is no fear at this point and hopefully by summer they will be little fish.

Hockey is still keeping us busy and we are entering the finals.  Baseball registration has already been turned in and Mairin has started tennis.  I am in the process of making all of the spring appointments out of the way (doctors etc).  I go to the store every other day it seems like and the grocery bills keep growing.  Life is busy but good.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

We are also busy juggling big kids hockey/sports schedules with little ones at home and an ever growing grocery bill. I get you! Just waiting for My kids to take a more formal approach and start calling me Mrs. L!

Jill and Mike said...

OMG love this post! Talking about penises (peni?) I have one that likes to have his hanging out at the top of his shorts/pants! I told him that they have lists for people like that (lol).
Potty training - I will have to use your idea for mini candy bars for poops. i have one that is totally potty trained, but two of them that won't go poop on the potty; we are trying stickers right now...but might be going to mini candy bars pretty soon!

Heidi Hockstra said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

wait until they start peeing standing up.little squirt guns!

tegel outlet said...

Love this post .Thanks for sharing