Monday, February 20, 2012

Enjoying February....

Every month brings new celebrations and new activities (especially for the little ones).  The older ones consider some of the activities to be a tradition while the little ones get to experience some of these Mott happenings for the first time.  No matter how many times you do an activity there is nothing better than the first time they get to do it.  My sister, Heidi baked the Valentines Day cookies this year and I made the frosting and pulled out the sprinkles.  The triplets each got a tray and a couple jars of sprinkles.  Heidi and I would spread the frosting and hand the cookies over for the decorating.  The triplets didn't take long to go thru 8 bottles of sprinkles and they didn't understand that they couldn't keep taking bites out of each cookie we set in front of them.  They were so methodical in how they dumped the sprinkles on the cookies.  They enjoyed making some mountains on top of each of the cookies.  Heidi and I ended up finishing the decorating and no one got sick so I guess all in all it was a success.

The kids also love having lots of family around because it seems like we are always celebrating a birthday.  We get all excited when it it time to celebrate Heidi's birthday because it means an ice cream cake and singing Happy Birthday.  I love how someones birthday brings joy to all the kids around.  I guess it makes sense though.  It doesn't matter who's day it is ...... it still means that mom will have treats for everyone.

3 comments:

Heidi Hockstra said...

Love this and am so happy you.celebrated my birthday with me!

Restaurant Brugge said...

nice post thanks 4 this posting

business economy world said...

awesome post thanks 4 sharing this post with us