Monday, July 9, 2012

I Am Not As Important As I Thought I Was

We started hockey camp today for Eamon and Liam so we all had to get up early again.  I had to pack lunches, swim suits, hockey equipment for their fun filled day.  I was unable to grab a shower before the triplets got up so after I got the first batch out the door I was left with Mairin and the trips.  I asked Mairin if she would keep an eye on the trips while I jumped in the shower.  She kindly agreed and off I went.  I disappeared and while upstairs I heard nothing and no one came in to visit me.  I came downstairs and Mairin was wiping off their trays and putting their breakfast bowls in the sink.  This little darling dressed them and fed them breakfast.  They were happy as can be and it was like I was there the entire time.  I squeezed Mairin and gave her a big thank you for handling everything while I was upstairs.  Mairin picked out their clothes so of course I could not hurt her feelings by changing them so we are wearing what she picked out.  Lots of stripes, plaids and clashing of colors but I surely don't mind.  I wonder how many people noticed their outfits when we went out to Sam's Club?  LOL
David called a little later in the morning and I stepped outside to answer his call.  He gave me the details about hockey drop off and when I came back inside Declan was sitting in the bathroom while Mairin was putting a band aid on his leg where Finn had scratched him.  Declan says, "Mairin are you the doctor".  I asked where Finn was and Mairin said, "Mom I put him in timeout".  Finn was sitting in time out all because his 7 year old sister told him to.  I think I am taking the day off since I am clearly not needed here. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great little helper!

Anonymous said...

what a great little helper!

Anonymous said...

what a great little helper!

Janet said...

Love it!! Love reading your stories!