Thursday, September 27, 2012

How To Shop and Organize TRIPLET SINGLE TWIN Style

We all know that a mom spends most of her days cleaning up after husbands and children. It almost comes natural now...almost like a habit (scary). I always insist that my kitchen is picked up and organized at night before I go to bed because there is nothing worse than waking up to a mess (in my opinion).  I know we all do the same things as mom's but I thought you might like to see what some of my chores look like.  I see these pictures and I have to laugh out loud because you really can't believe it until you see it.

This is several days worth of clean laundry that I get to fold while the triplets are napping.  I usually fold during "Days of My Lives" since it takes just over an hour and by watching my soap it goes much faster.  I changed the bedding so there are 7 sets of sheets and pillowcases included in this batch.
On Tuesday's or Thursday's when the triplets go to preschool (the whopping 3 hours that are there)  I am able to run out to Sam's or Costco for a refill of groceries.  I am usually at a store every couple of days and here is a Sam's visit.  This is by no means a "big" visit but just an average visit.
Now here is my pantry in the garage.  I usually cook everyday so there is a lot needed in order to make a variety of stuff.  I am also homebound more than most due to the triplets.  Who really wants to grocery shop with three little men who really only have a 5 minute attention span. I often keep a bigger stash so I can cook while they are sleeping and not have to run out for an ingredient.  This is also an easy stacking location for stuff that I haven't taken downstairs to the laundry room or upstairs to the bathrooms.  Some days when you are done shopping..putting it away is overwhelming.  I also stock up on things when they are on sale so this is another excellent reason to have my extra shelving.
Also in my garage is our coat and shoe storage.  We also built in storage for summer stuff, baseball stuff, hockey stuff and winter stuff.  All of the bins are full and as the seasons change so do the bins of stuff.  I try to save the boy stuff from the older ones so that I don't have to purchase new for the little ones.  One day I will have one heck of a garage sale.  I can see it now.  20 pairs of hockey skates, 20 pairs of baseball shoes etc.....
The day will come when the kids are all grown up and have moved on and they will wonder what life was like when they were young, growing fast, playing sports and always hungry.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a great post! I need to capture something similar so that I don't forget, too. :)

TaraMetBlog said...

Wow. As a new mom with twins on the way, I am now sufficiently scared!