Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Government Says So.....

I ran across this little chart and of course I am going to pass it on because it confirms what my plan is.  Based on this....we can easily be out of car seats and into high back boosters by December 17, 2012 (their 4th birthday). 

This is exciting and I know that most of you have no idea why I find it so exciting.  I drive an Expedition with 2 rows of bench seats.  I am forced to put at least one car seat in the far back row in order to leave the seat open nearest a door so that the older three can climb in and out relatively easy.  I am constantly climbing in to buckle up that one car seat that has the confusing 5 point harness on it.  It is just awkward and uncomfortable to basically climb in the backseat every time we go somewhere.  I am anxious to teach the trips how to use the car seat strap and hopefully speed up the process.  I am doing a little happy dance right now....yippeee....

The downfall to this is that when they are throwing a full out temper tantrum the basic car seat is not going to act as well in restraining them and forcing them to calm down since they have no option to go anywhere.  The more I think about this the more I am remembering (my past life when we did this with the twins and Mairin) that there are some cases when the full car seat is the best bet. 

No comments: