Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Been Here...and We Did This...Many Times

It really amazes me at the things you come up with when you are a mom of little ones.  Everything is an adventure, an activity or the opportunity to kill some time.  I don't mean any harm in saying, "killing some time" but it is the best way for me to describe the daily grind of keeping kids free of boredom and entertained.  "What are we going to do today"?  is the question of the morning on the days when they do not have school.  I like getting out of the house so of course I assume they do too.  We have a great cider mill just down the road from us and I make a visit more like a morning activity.  We pack our bags of bread so we can feed the ducks and then we head to climb on the play tractors.

By the time we make it in to get the donuts we have been there for nearly an hour.  Our tradition is to get 6 donuts and a half gallon of cider. ($15.00 later..don't even get me started on how expensive cider mills have become) We find ourselves a nice bench to sit on as we eat and drink.  I now carry with me 3 dryer sheets (Bounce Dryer Sheets).  They serve as an amazing bee repellent. 

This sounds like a fun activity right?  It is and I often wonder when my kids get older will I take the time to enjoy places like the cider mill?  Will I even want to?  I spend so much of my time trying to find fun parks, new adventures and fun things to do that I wonder what is next.  What will I do with all older kids?  Oh yes...I forgot there will come a time when they won't want to be around me.  Hummm that is an interesting thought!  Smile:)

No comments: