Monday, October 15, 2012

Never Just A Quick Trip.....

Remember...I blog to humor YOU!
 
Just a regular...quick trip to the grocery store.  I was laughing as I was emptying my cart so of course I know if I was laughing than most everyone else I know would also be cracking up.  They had clearanced out some of the 1/2 gallons of milk, chicken breasts were only $1.88lb and turkey tenderloins..buy one get one.  I simply ran in to get a couple gallons of milk but of course there is no such thing as a quick trip to the grocery store in my world. 

Thank goodness I grew up as a bit of a country girl with venison being a main staple in my home.  I am keeping with this tradition and it already saves a bunch on our food bill.  I am on the verge of running out of my venison stash so it is good that hunting season is close.  I send my lovely husband up north to my parent's house where they spend a couple of days hunting and hanging out...doing guy things.  My dad lives for hunting season and always has.  He has spent the past 10 years breaking David into hunting traditions.  I get most of our venison made into burger so that I can make tacos, chili, lasagna etc.  It really is amazing how much money it saves us.    (please note..if you are ever a guest in my house never worry...I do not serve venison to guests unless they know ahead of time so no fears...I do keep a stash of beef also)

No comments: