Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Mott Family Is Published...Well Kind Of

The Power of Family in The Women's World Magazine

 
This will be the last time I touch on this article but for those who haven't seen it...you must.  I am so honored to hold a page in Women's World for the October 8, 2012 issue.  I received an email from an editor at Women's World Magazine several months ago.  The email was sent out to families of multiples about how they are making it and the importance of family support.   I responded with a quick note saying, "I am happy to share my experiences".  I got a quick email response with a couple of phone interview options.  It wasn't but a couple days and I had a phone interview and shared my story. The editor asked me all kinds of questions and by the end of our 30 minutes conversation the editor said, "well it is clear to me that we are going with your sister, Heidi".  Women's World wrote the article and asked me to approve it and they asked me to send them some pictures.  I received a check in the mail for $100.00 for sharing my story.  How lucky am I to have been given a public voice to share a story about my one and only sister. 
 
Sales should be up this month for Women's World because I feel like everyone I know went out and bought a copy.  Everyday I am touched by the amount of interest and support I get from all of my friends, family and blogger mommas (many whom I have never met) spread all across the country.  Thank You.
 


5 comments:

Jodie Kingsbury said...

Hi, I buy that magazine every week. As I was flipping the pages, I said I think i "know" them. I read the awesome article and realized it was your family.

You have such a great blog and I love reading it.

Jodie Kingsbury
Grand Rapids, MI

Jen said...

That is so awesome! Congrats.

Beatty Perry said...

Way to go!!! That is Awesome!!!

Audrey said...

What a big and beautiful family ! Congratulations.

http://lollypupgirl.webs.com/ said...

Hey girl this is sooooooooo AWESOME!!!!! I want a copy! Your so humble. I have seen you a few times since this magazine and you never mentioned it! Where can I get one?
lollypupgirl
http://lollypupgirl.webs.com