Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The End Of A 2 Week Christmas Break

Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year To All.......................

The holidays have come to an end and I have had absolutely no time or any amount of additional energy to sit down and talk about our holiday fun.  The kids go back to school tomorrow and I feel like I can catch a quick break to recount the festivities. 

We always spend Christmas up north in Stanton with my parents so the biggest challenge is getting all of the gifts up there for Christmas morning.  We end up sending gifts up with my sister and whoever else maybe heading that way.  My garage is full of black garbage bags full of the secret Santa gifts and gifts that I try to pre-wrap so that Christmas Eve is relaxing and not a mad rush of wrapping.  We attended our regular Christmas Eve service at Faith Lutheran Church (the church that I grew up going too) and continued our tradition with a late night viewing of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.   The morning went smooth with everyone eager to unwrap by 8am.  The highlight of this year was the gift for Eamon.  Eamon asked for an electric Razor scooter for Christmas and although I was going to make sure he got it, I didn't realize just how badly he wanted one.  Mom and Dad had put it together the night before and after all of the gifts were opened Dad went and got it.  He told Eamon to go look in the kitchen for another gift.  He went in and saw it and went directly back to Grandpa for a big hug.  Eamon kept the hug a little longer than expected and it was because he was tearing up.  As soon as I saw that he was tearing up I of course added to the emotion by tearing up myself.  It really made my day.  This kid is amazing and so so grateful for the stuff he gets.  He didn't ask for much this year and it made it really hard but I am just thrilled that we made his Christmas.

We cleared off the backyard pond on the 27th of December and that has honestly been the entertainment for the remainder of the vacation.  I spend my days putting on ice skates and taking them off.  I am queen of quick drying mittens and snow pants and have been going thru the hot chocolate more than any other liquid.  I have enjoyed looking thru the windows, cooking dinner and watching the 6 kids play on the ice.  The trips are loving skating and they try to copy their hockey brothers. Mairin doesn't want to miss anything so she is constantly out there as well.  When they all do come in they are cold, tired and ready to relax.  Fighting has been minimal and the toys from Christmas are still "new" because they are spending so much time outside.  We have lights all around the pond so it is even great entertainment into the evening as well. 

We took a break from the pond to enjoy all 50 some Mott's at the Mott Christmas Party.  Santa's visit was a huge hit and I think the adults enjoyed it as much as the kids.  We all exchanged our god parent gifts and another late night made for some great sleeping in the following morning.  New Year's Eve was spent at home with cheeseburgers for the hungry skaters and some shrimp for us adults.  The older 3 watched the ball drop and we all headed off to bed.   Nanny fell on New Year's Eve and broke her hip but she made it thru surgery with flying colors and after some rehab she should be back in action.  Lots of fun and lots of blessings this Christmas Vacation.

1 comment:

Beatty Perry said...

What a FUN time!!! LOVE your blog and your Beautiful family!!! Have a Wonderful 2013! XOXO - Beatty (peanut butter hair)