Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Do Not Under Estimate The Crazies!

We have hit a point where the triplets can play nicely for long periods of time and without my assistance.  Preparing dinner is much easier because I rarely have them under foot.  They tend to disappear either outside or downstairs and for the most part they are self sufficient.  I am constantly looking out my windows or doing a search to see what they are doing and what they are getting into because quiet play is often trouble.  The other day they asked me for the step stool so I got it out and set it up on the driveway.  They like to climb it and pretend like they are working on the little attached shed that we have just off the garage.  I didn't think anything of it and went back to what I was doing in the kitchen.  I thought to myself, they are playing together so well.  Later on all 3 of them came in and I turned and caught them whispering to each other and laughing.  I asked them what they were doing and the whispering and laughing grew a little louder.  I can always count on Declan to spill the beans so my eyes focused on him. "Declan what is going on".  There was no hesitation...."Finny was knocking on your door".  I didn't understand but knew I needed to know more.  "Declan will you show me"?.  It was a mad dash outside because all 3 wanted to show me what they did.  Here is the picture of the crime scene.  My bedroom is upstairs off the dust porch and my room has a door leading out to the dust porch.  You can all run with it from here.

I asked Finn to show me what he did.  He started climbing and I said, "woa woa woa...did you climb on top of the roof".  Finn replies, "yes mom and then I knocked on your door".  "And you got down all by yourself".  "yes mom I did". He was so proud of himself and had this matter of fact look and tone in his voice.  It was almost like, yes mom..what is the big deal.   I did not even yell.  I stood there (I'm sure my mouth was open wide in complete disbelief) and finally bent down, called them in for a huddle and gave them the lecture of danger and safety.  I stood up and quietly walked back inside.  They got me..they won...they did something that I never in a million years thought they would do.  I guess I am still shocked that he managed to get up there and very thankful that he descended safely but really I have to tell you that I am still blown away by what this trio comes up with. 

No comments: